From Kai Voigt...@123.org>
Subject Re: Where is web interface in stand alone operation?
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:26:35 GMT
Hi,

for further clarification. Are you running in standalone mode (1 JVM which runs everything)
or in pseudo-distributed mode (1 Machine, but with 5 JVMs)? With PDM, you can access the web
interfaces on ports 50030 and 50070. With SM, you should be able to at least to process monitoring
(unix time command, various trace commands)

Kai

Am 10.08.2011 um 15:58 schrieb A Df:

> Hello Harsh:
>
> See inline at *
>

>> ________________________________

to complete etc? I am trying to compare performance between the two. And also for the pseudo
mode how would I change the ports for the web interface because I have to connect to a remote
server which only allows certain ports to be accessed from the web?

>> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 6:01 PM, A Df <abbey_dragonforest@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Dear All:
>>>
>>> I know that in pseudo mode that there is a web interface for the NameNode and
the JobTracker but where is it for the standalone operation? The Hadoop page at http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/single_node_setup.html
just shows to run the jar example but how do you view job details? For example time to complete
etc. I know it will not be as detailed as the other modes but I wanted to compare the job
peformance in standalone vs pseudo mode. Thank you.

--
Kai Voigt
k@123.org