From Tom Deutsch <tdeut...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Which release to use?
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2011 17:29:55 GMT
Hi Rita - I want to make sure we are honoring the purpose/approach of this
list. So you are welcome to ping me for information, but let's take this
discussion off the list at this point.

Tom Deutsch
Program Director
CTO Office: Information Management
Hadoop Product Manager / Customer Exec
IBM
3565 Harbor Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA 92626-1420
tdeutsch@us.ibm.com

Rita <rmorgan466@gmail.com>
07/16/2011 08:53 AM
Please respond to
common-user@hadoop.apache.org

common-user@hadoop.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Which release to use?

I am curious about the IBM product BigInishgts. Where can we download it?
It
seems we have to register to download it?

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Tom Deutsch <tdeutsch@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> One quick clarification - IBM GA'd a product called BigInsights in 2Q.
It
> faithfully uses the Hadoop stack and many related projects - but
provides
> a number of extensions (that are compatible) based on customer requests.
> Not appropriate to say any more on this list, but the info on it is all
> publically available.

> Tom Deutsch
> Program Director
> CTO Office: Information Management
> Hadoop Product Manager / Customer Exec
> IBM
> 3565 Harbor Blvd
> Costa Mesa, CA 92626-1420
> tdeutsch@us.ibm.com
>

> Michael Segel <michael_segel@hotmail.com>
> 07/15/2011 07:58 AM
> Please respond to
> common-user@hadoop.apache.org

> <common-user@hadoop.apache.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> RE: Which release to use?
>

> Unfortunately the picture is a bit more confusing.
>
> Yahoo! is now HortonWorks. Their stated goal is to not have their own
> derivative release but to sell commercial support for the official
Apache