From <jonathan.hw...@accenture.com>
Subject Hadoop cluster network requirement
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 19:08:53 GMT
I was asked by our IT folks if we can put hadoop name nodes storage using a shared disk storage
unit.  Does anyone have experience of how much IO throughput is required on the name nodes?
 What are the latency/data throughput requirements between the master and data nodes - can
this tolerate network routing?

Did anyone published any throughput requirement for the best network setup recommendation?

Thanks!
Jonathan