From "M. C. Srivas" <mcsri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which release to use?
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 01:19:38 GMT
Mike,

Just a minor inaccuracy in your email. Here's setting the record straight:

1. MapR directly sells their distribution of Hadoop. Support is from  MapR.
2. EMC also sells the MapR distribution, for use on any hardware. Support is
from EMC worldwide.
3. EMC also sells a Hadoop appliance, which has the MapR distribution
specially built for it. Support is from EMC.

4. MapR also has a free, unlimited, unrestricted version called M3, which
has the same 2-5x performance, management and stability improvements, and
includes NFS. It is not crippleware, and the unlimited, unrestricted, free
use does not expire on any date.

Hope that clarifies what MapR is doing.

thanks & regards,
Srivas.