From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jobs are still in running state after executing "hadoop job -kill jobId"
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 14:50:12 GMT
On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 10:05 AM, <Jeff.Schmitz@shell.com> wrote:

> Um kill  -9 "pid" ?

This happens sometimes. A task gets orphaned from the Task Tracker and never
goes away. It is a good idea to have a nagios check for very old tasks
because the orphans slowly such your memory away especially if the task
launches with a big Xmx. You really *should not* need to be nuking tasks
like this but occasionally it happens.

Edward