From Teruhiko Kurosaka <K...@basistech.com>
Subject Hadoop Eclipse plugin doesn't show a dialog for New Hadoop Locations ... on MacOS
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 09:03:33 GMT
Hi,
I'm new to Hadoop.  I'm trying to set up Eclipse for Hadoop debugging.
I have:
Eclipse 3.5.2, configured to run apps with JRE 1.5.
MacOS 10.6.8
Hadoop 0.21.0

I copied mapred/contrib/eclipse-plugin/hadoop-0.21.0-eclipse-plugin.jar
to /Applications/eclipse/plugins
and restarted Eclipse.
I switched to Map/Reduce perspective and I see Map/Reduce Locations tab
next to Problems, Tasks and Javadoc tabs.
I switched to the Map/Reduce Locations tab and right clicked within
the pane and choose "New Hadoop location..." but nothing happens.
A dialog window is supposed to pop up but nothing.

Is there any known issues? How do I trace this problem?

----
T. "Kuro" Kurosaka