From Prashant <prashan...@imaginea.com>
Subject Re: Api migration from 0.19.1 to 0.20.20
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 06:31:12 GMT
On 07/21/2011 09:06 AM, madhu phatak wrote:
> Hadoop : the definitive guide also talks about migration
> On Jun 28, 2011 8:31 PM, "Shi Yu"<shiyu@uchicago.edu>  wrote:
>> On 6/28/2011 7:12 AM, Prashant Sharma wrote:
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> I have my source code written in 0.19.1 Hadoop API and want to shift
>>> it to newer API 0.20.20. Any clue on good documentation on migrating
>>> from older version to newer version will be very helpful.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> Prashant

>> In the *Chuck Lam's* book *Hadoop in Action the* upgrade from 0.19.1 to
>> 0.20.0 is mentioned. Also there are many pieces of information on web,
>> but they are scattered around.

Thanks Shi and Madhu, I have look through the points in both the books.
The description is limited though. One has to dig the framework code to
actually realize the precise alternatives. I for once was thinking of
writing a help guide for somebody. But then I am not good with that,
Hope you all can help me improve it.

Thanks again.