From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: error of loading logging class
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:45:59 GMT
On 20/07/11 07:16, Juwei Shi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We faced a problem of loading logging class when start the name node.  It
> seems that hadoop can not find commons-logging-*.jar
>
> We have tried other commons-logging-1.0.4.jar and
> commons-logging-api-1.0.4.jar. It does not work!
>
> The following are error logs from starting console:

I'd drop the -api file as it isn't needed, and as you say, avoid
duplicate versions. Make sure that log4j is at the same point in the
class hierarchy too (e.g in hadoop/lib)

to debug commons logging, tell it to log to stderr. It's useful in
emergencies

-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.diagnostics.dest=STDERR