From Adarsh Sharma <adarsh.sha...@orkash.com>
Subject Re: Which release to use?
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 04:49:04 GMT
Hadoop releases are issued time by time. But one more thing related to
hadoop usage,

There are so many providers that provides the distribution of Hadoop ;

1. Apache Hadoop
2. Cloudera
3. Yahoo

etc.
Which distribution is best among them on production usage.
I think Cloudera's  is best among them.

Best Regards,
Adarsh
Owen O'Malley wrote:
> On Jul 14, 2011, at 4:33 PM, Teruhiko Kurosaka wrote:
>

>> I'm a newbie and I am confused by the Hadoop releases.
>> I thought 0.21.0 is the latest & greatest release that I
>> should be using but I noticed 0.20.203 has been released
>> lately, and 0.21.X is marked "unstable, unsupported".
>>
>> Should I be using 0.20.203?
>>

> Yes, I apologize for confusing release numbering, but the best release to use is 0.20.203.0.
It includes security, job limits, and many other improvements over 0.20.2 and 0.21.0. Unfortunately,
it doesn't have the new sync support so it isn't suitable for using with HBase. Most large
clusters use a separate version of HDFS for HBase.