From "Daniel,Wu" <hadoop...@163.com>
Subject /tmp/hadoop-oracle/dfs/name is in an inconsistent state
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:20:36 GMT
When I started hadoop, the namenode failed to startup because of the following error. The strange
thing is that it says/tmp/hadoop-oracle/dfs/name isinconsistent, but I don't think I have
configured it as /tmp/hadoop-oracle/dfs/name. Where should I check for the related configuration?
  2011-07-28 21:07:35,383 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.InconsistentFSStateException:
Directory /tmp/hadoop-oracle/dfs/name is in an inconsistent state: storage directory does
not exist or is not accessible.