From Ayon Sinha <ayonsi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Exporting From Hive
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 20:06:54 GMT
This is for CLI

Use this:
set hive.cli.print.header=true;

Instead of doing this on the prompt everytime you can change your hive start command to:
hive -hiveconf hive.cli.print.header=true

But be careful with this setting as quite a few commands stop working with NPE with this on.
I think describe doesn't work.

-Ayon
See My Photos on Flickr
Also check out my Blog for answers to commonly asked questions.

________________________________
From: "Bale, Michael" <michael.bale@cwc.com>
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:54 AM
Subject: Exporting From Hive

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me?

Does anyone know if it is possible to include the column headers in an
output from a Hive Query? I've had a look through the internet but can't
seem to find an answer.

If not, is it possible to export the result from a describe table query? If
so I could then run that at the same tie and join up at a future date.

Thanks for your help

--
*Mike Bale*
Graduate Insight Analyst

The information contained in this email (and any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient
and have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email
and delete the message and any attachments.
If you are not the named addressee, you must not copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use
the information contained in this email.
Cable & Wireless Communications Plc and its affiliates reserve the right to monitor all
email communications through their networks to
ensure regulatory compliance.

Cable & Wireless Communications Plc is a company registered in England & Wales with
number:
07130199 and offices located at 3rd Floor, 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ