From praveenesh kumar <praveen...@gmail.com>
Subject Does Hadoop 0.20.2 and HBase 0.90.3 compatible ??
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 10:37:44 GMT
Guys,

I am in a very big big confusion. Please.. I really need your feedbacks and
suggestions..

The scenario is like this...

I set up *Hadoop 0.20.2 cluster* of *12 nodes*..

Now I set up* Hbase 0.90.3*  *12 node cluster* on top of it.

But after all that experimenting and struggling.. I read the following
SHOCKING line on my Hbase web UI

---* " You are currently running the HMaster without HDFS append support
enabled. This may result in data loss. Please see the HBase wiki for
details. "*

And when I searched more about it.. I found Michael G. Nolls article..
saying that *Hadoop 0.20.2 and Hbase 0.90.2 are not compatible*.

Is *Hadoop 0.20.2  also not compatible with Hbase 0.90.3 ???*

So does  it means I have to re-install hadoop 0.20. append if I want to use
Hbase.

I did a lot of struggle to reach upto this stage.. do I have to do all of it
again.. ??

Is there any other work around solution.. of not re-installing everything
again ??

Please help..!!!  :-(

Thanks,
Praveenesh