From Matthew John <tmatthewjohn1...@gmail.com>
Subject Global array in OutputFormat
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:49:55 GMT
Hi Guys

I intend to record the Write pattern of a Job using the following
record : <timestamp>, <size of buffer written>. Inorder to obtain
this, I was thinking of maintaining a global buffer
(Collection<String>) and keep adding to the buffer whenever there is
write called via the OutputFormat class.

But I am not really able to figure out under which instance (class
hierarchy) to declare such a static buffer which could be accessible
by all OutputFormat write streams.

Please help me if you ve got some idea on this.

Thanks,
Matthew John