From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Any reason Hadoop logs cant be directed to a separate filesystem?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 20:09:41 GMT
Jack,

I believe the location can definitely be set to any desired path.
Could you tell us the issues you face when you change it?

P.s. The env var is used to set the config property hadoop.log.dir
internally. So as long as you use the regular scripts (bin/ or init.d/
ones) to start daemons, it would apply fine.

--
Harsh J