From Joe Greenawalt <joe.greenaw...@gmail.com>
Subject remotely downloading file
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 20:55:25 GMT
Hi,
We're interested in using HDFS to store several large file sets to be
available for download from our customers  in the following paradigm:

Customer  <-  | APPSERVER-CLUSTER {app1,app2,app3} |  <-  | HDFS |

I had assumed that pulling the file from HDFS to the APPSERVER-CLUSTER could
be done program-ably remotely after browsing the documentation.  But after
reading the API, it seems that writing Java code to interface with HDFS
needs to happen locally?  Is that correct?

If it is correct, what is the best/recommended way to
deliver downloadables to the APPSERVERS (and vice versa) which are hosted in
the same network but on different machines?

Thanks,
Joe