From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Hadoop not working after replacing hadoop-core.jar with hadoop-core-append.jar
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 15:45:53 GMT
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 7:18 AM, Mike Spreitzer <mspreitz@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> My latest information (not from me, from actual experts) says it is NOT
> the right approach.  Look further into that discussion thread.  I do not
> understand why (http://hbase.apache.org/notsoquick.html#hadoop) still
> points at that misleading message.

Let us know how we should improve it Mike.  That mail thread is
mentioned as an addendum, in a local FAQ-like section, that you could
go the route that you went at one time (as outlined by the thread) but
then its not usual as is said in the thread.

The book, by my reading, does not lead you to the route you took but
hey, I'm blind to a new-users' reading having long ago lost my noob
eyes.  Thats why its helpful when new users volunteer improvements to
the text.

Thanks,
St.Ack