From Shrinivas Joshi <jshrini...@gmail.com>
Subject speculative execution
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 19:42:07 GMT
To find out whether it had any positive performance impact, I am trying with
turning OFF speculative execution. Surprisingly, the job starts to fail in
reduce phase with OOM errors when I disable speculative execution for both
map and reduce tasks. Has anybody noticed similar behavior? Is there a way
to find out how many tasks were speculatively executed when speculative
execution is enabled?

I am trying with a 64GB Terasort run with 8-node cluster.

Thanks,
-Shrinivas