From Kumar Kandasami <kumaravel.kandas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring Multiple Data Nodes on Pseudo-distributed mode ?
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 00:04:02 GMT
Thank you Harsh.

I have been following the documentation in the mailing list, and have an
issue starting the second data node (because of port conflict).

- First, I don't see the bin/hdfs  in the directory ( I am using Mac m/c and
installed hadoop using CDH3 tarball)
- I am using the following command instead of the one mentioned in the step
#3 in the mailing list.

./bin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config ../conf2 start datanode

Error: datanode running as process 5981. Stop it first.

- Port configuration in the hdfs-site.xml below.

Data Node #1: Conf file

<property>
    <name>dfs.replication</name>
    <value>1</value>
  </property>
  <property>
     <name>dfs.permissions</name>
     <value>false</value>
  </property>

  <property>
     <!-- specify this so that running 'hadoop namenode -format' formats the
right dir -->
     <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
     <value>/var/lib/hadoop-0.20/cache/hadoop/dfs/name</value>
  </property>

  <property>
     <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
     <value>/var/lib/hadoop-0.20/cache/hadoop/dfs/data</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.datanode.address</name>
    <value>0.0.0.0:50010</value>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>dfs.datanode.ipc.address</name>
    <value>0.0.0.0:50020</value>
    <description>
      The datanode ipc server address and port.
      If the port is 0 then the server will start on a free port.
    </description>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>dfs.datanode.http.address</name>
    <value>0.0.0.0:50075</value>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>dfs.datanode.https.address</name>
    <value>0.0.0.0:50475</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

Data Node #2: Conf (2) file

<property>
    <name>dfs.replication</name>
    <value>1</value>
  </property>
  <property>
     <name>dfs.permissions</name>
     <value>false</value>
  </property>

  <property>
     <!-- specify this so that running 'hadoop namenode -format' formats the
right dir -->
     <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
     <value>/var/lib/hadoop-0.20/cache/hadoop/dfs/name</value>
  </property>

  <property>
     <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
     <value>/var/lib/hadoop-0.20/cache/hadoop/dfs/data2</value>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>dfs.datanode.address</name>
    <value>0.0.0.0:50012</value>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>dfs.datanode.ipc.address</name>
    <value>0.0.0.0:50022</value>
    <description>
      The datanode ipc server address and port.
      If the port is 0 then the server will start on a free port.
    </description>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>dfs.datanode.http.address</name>
    <value>0.0.0.0:50077</value>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>dfs.datanode.https.address</name>
    <value>0.0.0.0:50477</value>
  </property>

Kumar    _/|\_
www.saisk.com
kumar@saisk.com
"making a profound difference with knowledge and creativity..."