From "Juan P." <gordoslo...@gmail.com>
Subject DistributedCache
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 20:49:06 GMT
Hi guys,
I'm going through Hadoop The Definitive Guide trying to understand how to
use DistributedCache (0.20.2) to make a configuration file available to my
Mapper in every node of the cluster. The book says I should use
DistributedCache.addCacheFile to make the file available and then retrieve
it using DistributedCache.getLocalCacheFiles. However when I run my Job it
fails because the config file is not present. Looking at the implementation
of DistributedCache, addCacheFile sets the attribute mapred.cache.files
while getLocalCacheFiles retrieves the property mapred.cache.localFiles.
I figured maybe I should use setLocalFiles with getLocalCacheFiles or
getCacheFiles which addCacheFile but I wanted to see if anyone had some
further explanation as to why the code might not be working.

Thanks!
Pony