From Devaraj K <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop eclipse plugin stopped working after replacing hadoop-0.20.2 jar files with hadoop-0.20-append jar files
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 06:18:34 GMT
Hadoop eclipse plugin also uses hadoop-core.jar file communicate to the
hadoop cluster. For this it needs to have same version of hadoop-core.jar
for client as well as server(hadoop cluster).

Update the hadoop eclipse plugin for your eclipse which is provided with
hadoop-0.20-append release, it will work fine.

Devaraj K

-----Original Message-----
From: praveenesh kumar [mailto:praveenesh@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:25 AM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Hadoop eclipse plugin stopped working after replacing hadoop-0.20.2
jar files with hadoop-0.20-append jar files

Guys,
I was using hadoop eclipse plugin on hadoop 0.20.2 cluster..
It was working fine for me.
I was using Eclipse SDK Helios 3.6.2 with the plugin
"hadoop-eclipse-plugin-0.20.3-SNAPSHOT.jar" downloaded from JIRA
MAPREDUCE-1280

Now for Hbase installation.. I had to use hadoop-0.20-append compiled
jars..and I had to replace the old jar files with new 0.20-append compiled
jar files..
But now after replacing .. my hadoop eclipse plugin is not working well for
me.
Whenever I am trying to connect to my hadoop master node from that and try
to see DFS locations..
it is giving me the following error:
*
Error : Protocol org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.clientprotocol version
mismatch (client 41 server 43)*

However the hadoop cluster is working fine if I go directly on hadoop
namenode use hadoop commands..
I can add files to HDFS.. run jobs from there.. HDFS web console and
Map-Reduce web console are also working fine. but not able to use my
previous hadoop eclipse plugin.

Any suggestions or help for this issue ?

Thanks,
Praveenesh