From Eric Charles <eric.char...@u-mangate.com>
Subject Re: Common project tests in eclipe
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:58:00 GMT
Hi Harsh,

Tks for your quick reply, and sorry to be so late.

http://search-hadoop.com/m/gLWelrO8Mc helped me to find the Launch
configuration for hadoop-hdfs and hadoop-mapreduce, but there are no
such Launch config for hadoop-common.

Never mind, I just replaced :hdfs with :common and got [1].

My test success % has made an impressive jump, but I still have a few
failures for example:
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: -expunge failed expected:<0> but
was:<1>
	at org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestTrash.trashShell(TestTrash.java:328)
	at org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestTrash.trashShell(TestTrash.java:102)
	at org.apache.hadoop.fs.TestTrash.testTrash(TestTrash.java:447)

About the needed environment variables to run the tests:

1.- Should the Launch configs be documented on
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment ?

2.- should Launch config be created for hadoop-common project ?

2.- The tests depend heavily on env variables. I wonder how to handle
this with the upcoming maven structure
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-6671). Should we forsee
during the test setUp() some default values, a bit like if we would
generalize https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-5916
(Standardize fall-back value of test.build.data for testing directories)
to all needed env.

Maybe this is already a know topic?
Tks.

[1] -Xms256m -Xmx512m
-Dtest.build.data=${workspace_loc:common}/build/test
-Dtest.cache.data=${workspace_loc:common}/build/test/cache
-Dtest.debug.data=${workspace_loc:common}/build/test/debug
-Dhadoop.log.dir=${workspace_loc:common}/build/test/log
-Dtest.src.dir=${workspace_loc:common}/build/test/src
-Dtest.build.extraconf=${workspace_loc:common}/build/test/extraconf
-Dhadoop.policy.file=hadoop-policy.xml

--
Eric