From J3VS <jonathan.vicc...@googlemail.com>
Subject JAVA_HOME is not set
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 14:48:19 GMT

I'm trying to set up hadoop on Fedora 15, I have set JAVA_HOME (ie configured
linux to see my java installation) and i have altered hadoop-env.sh so that
JAVA_HOME is set as my jdk folder, but when i enter "hadoop version" into
the terminal I get an error message saying "JAVA_HOME is not set" and I have
no idea why. I've spent a while trawling the web for similar errors but I
havent found much help. I had a look through hadoop-config.sh but I was a
little out of my depth, the section of code on Java all seemed to be fine
(logically). Entering 'echo $JAVA_HOME' in the terminal returns the correct
folder and entering 'java -version' brings up the correct info (java
1.6.0_26 etc...), so I really dont have a clue as to why entering 'hadoop
version' returns an error saying JAVA_HOME is not set.