From "Habermaas, William" <William.Haberm...@fatwire.com>
Subject RE: Bad connection to FS. command aborted
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 13:43:17 GMT
If the hadoop script is picking up a different hadoop-core jar then the classes that ipc to
the NN will be using a different version.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew John [mailto:tmatthewjohn1988@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:41 AM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Bad connection to FS. command aborted

I did a "ant jar" after modifying two files in the mapred module. This, from
what I understand, creates a hadoop-*-core.jar in the build folder. Now I
assume that will be used henceforth for any execution. So how can this be a
problem if I am running a single-node cluster. Version mismatch with whom ?