From highpointe <highpoint...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mapper java process not exiting
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 02:26:24 GMT
Is there a reason for using OpenJDK and not Sun's JDK?

Also...  I believe there were noted issues with the .17 JDK. I will look for a link and post
if I can find.

Otherwise, the behaviour I have seen before. Hadoop is detaching from the JVM and stops seeing
it.

I think your problem lies in the JDK and not Hadoop.