From "W.P. McNeill" <bill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where should combiner processes write temporary sequence files?
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 19:10:13 GMT
Is there any way I can get the system to generate a name for me that is
guaranteed to be unique, something analogous to File.createTempFile()?

I looked at using File.createTempFile() because the sequence file I'm
creating is just a local cache and doesn't need to be on HDFS, but I
couldn't figure out how to feed the output of this call into any of the
SequenceFile.createWriter() methods.