From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Checkpoint vs Backup Node
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 01:12:48 GMT
Hi Sulabh,

Neither of these nodes have been "productionized" -- so I don't think
anyone would have a good answer for you about what works in
production. They are only available in 0.21 and haven't had any
substantial QA.

One of the potential issues with the BN is that it can delay the
logging of edits by the primary NN, if the BN were to hang or go
offline. The CN would not have such an issue.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera