From Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing Hadoop
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 18:15:07 GMT
Is hadoop going to format entire file sytem when I run bin/hadoop
namenode -format?

For eg: I have mountpoint /data and there are other files in /data

But I created a directory hadoop inside /data. Now if I run namenode
-format would it format everything inside /data or can I tell it to
format only things inside /data/hadoop?