From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Map-Reduce stuck at 0% map, 0% reduce
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 18:00:35 GMT
Hello,

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:20 PM, Travis Bolinger <tboling1@gmail.com> wrote:
> You are correct in that the master is not seeing any of the TTs.  The webui
> shows 0 active nodes.  I ran start-all and assumed it started everything.
>  It did, but for some reason they are not communicating.
>
> So the processes are running correctly on all the nodes, right?  I just have
> a misconfiguration that is preventing them from talking to each other?  What
> should mapred-site.xml look like for a typical cluster?

Check your slaves' mapred-site.xml. They could be having a bad
mapred.job.tracker value in them. That property is required by the TT
to be correctly pointing to the machine:port of the JT.

If that is correct on all nodes, investigate TT logs, or paste one of
your TT's logs to a paste service like pastebin.com or so and the
paste link here.

--
Harsh J