From valentina kroshilina <kroshil...@gmail.com>
Subject elephant-bird Nullpointer exception
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 18:05:01 GMT
I am trying to use:

job.setOutputFormatClass(LzoProtobufBlockOutputFormat.getOutputFormatClass(EventlogItem.Eventlog.class,
job.getConfiguration()));

I get:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
com.twitter.data.proto.BlockStorage$SerializedBlock$Builder.getProtoBlobsCount(Unknown
Source)
    at
com.twitter.elephantbird.mapreduce.io.BinaryBlockWriter.finish(BinaryBlockWriter.java:56)
    at
com.twitter.elephantbird.mapreduce.io.BinaryBlockWriter.close(BinaryBlockWriter.java:62)
    at
com.twitter.elephantbird.mapreduce.output.LzoBinaryBlockRecordWriter.close(LzoBinaryBlockRecordWriter.java:34)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewDirectOutputCollector.close(MapTask.java:539)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:648)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1115)

how do I resolve this? Am I missing some configuration setting?

--
valentina kroshilina