From Matthew John <tmatthewjohn1...@gmail.com>
Subject Host-address or Hostname
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 12:06:06 GMT
Hi all,

The String[] that is output by the InputSplit.getLocations() gives the list
of nodes where the input split resides.
But the node detail is either represented as the ip-address or the hostname
(for eg - an entry in the list could be either 10.72.147.109 or mattHDFS1
(hostname). Is it possible to make this consistent. I am trying to do some
work by parsing an ID number embedded in the Hostname and this mixed
representation is giving me hell lot of problems.

How to resolve this ?

Thanks,
Matthew