From Tom Melendez <tom.melen...@gmail.com>
Subject passing classpath through to datanodes?
Date Sat, 07 May 2011 00:01:23 GMT
Hi Folks,

I'm having trouble getting a custom classpath through to the datanodes
in my cluster.

I'm using libhdfs and pipes, and the hdfsConnect call in libhdfs
requires that the classpath is set.  My code executes fine on a
standalone machine, but when I take to the cluster, I can see that the
classpath is not set, as the error is emitted into the logs.

I'm mucked around with the hadoop-env.sh file and restarted the
tasktracker and datanode, but since I'm new to tinkering with this
file, I'm hoping that someone here with can help me with the steps
getting my classpath set correctly.  Maybe hadoop-env.sh is NOT the
right way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom