From Mirko Kämpf <mirko.kae...@googlemail.com>
Subject can our problem be handled by hadoop
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 09:23:16 GMT
Hello,

we are working on a scientific project to analyze information spread in
networks. Our simulations are independent from each other but we need a
large amount of runs and we have to collect all data for the interpretation
of results by our reporting tools. So my was to use hadoop as a base, with
its distributed filesystem. So we could start independent runs on each node
of the cluster and at the end we collect the data for the calculation of
average values. The simulation tool is written in java and consists of about
2 MB jar files.
Is this a situation there hadoop can help us?
One fact is, that we want to parallize the production of large data sets.
Best wishes
Mirko