From neeral beladia <neeral_bela...@yahoo.com>
Subject copyToLocal (from Amazon AWS)
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 22:56:20 GMT
Hi,

I am not sure if this question has been asked. Its more of a  hadoop fs
question. I am trying to execute the following hadoop fs  command :

hadoop fs -copyToLocal s3n://<Access  Key>:<Secret Key>@<bucket
name>/file.txt     /home/hadoop/workspace/file.txt

When I execute this command  directly from the Terminal shell, it works
perfectly fine, however the  above command from code doesn't execute. In fact,
it says :

Exception in thread "main" copyToLocal: null

Please  note I am using Runtime.getRunTime().exec(cmdStr), where cmdStr is the
above hadoop command. Also, please note that hadoop fs -cp or hadoop fs  -rmr
commands work fine with source and destination being both Amazon  AWS locations.
In the above command (hadoop fs -copyToLocal)  the destination is local location
to my machine(Ubuntu installed).

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neeral