From jagaran das <jagaran_...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: trying to select technology
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 18:16:03 GMT
Think of Lucene and Apache SOLR

Cheers,
Jagaran

________________________________
From: cs230 <chintanjshah@gmail.com>
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Tue, 31 May, 2011 10:50:49 AM
Subject: trying to select technology

Hello All,

I am planning to start project where I have to do extensive storage of xml
and text files. On top of that I have to implement efficient algorithm for
searching over thousands or millions of files, and also do some indexes to
make search faster next time.

I looked into Oracle database but it delivers very poor result. Can I use
Hadoop for this? Which Hadoop project would be best fit for this?

Is there anything from Google I can use?

Thanks a lot in advance.