From Chris K Wensel <ch...@wensel.net>
Subject Hiring senior Java developers to contribute to Cascading core
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 16:59:03 GMT

Hey all

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I’m looking to hire a core Cascading developer
to work on the 2.0 version with me.

This would be a full time product development and R&D position with my company Concurrent,
Inc.

At a high level the focus will be on API and query model improvements, planner optimizations,
and further improvements around integration.

Some people may have heard that 2.0 so far has removed all dependencies on Hadoop, this is
true. It has allowed us to focus on process planning against more complex topologies that
will emerge as new Hadoop inspired applications emerge, while better supporting stock Hadoop
distributions and forks.

Subsequently I am looking for very experienced Java developers who have been working with
Hadoop for a bit, and have a strong bent towards optimization and compiler design.

If interested in chatting, please feel free to email me directly.

FWIW, I am hiring for other positions too, so don’t hesitate to inquire.
http://www.concurrentinc.com/careers/

cheers,
chris

--
Chris K Wensel
chris@concurrentinc.com

-- Concurrent, Inc. offers mentoring, support for Cascading