From Ian Eslick <esl...@media.mit.edu>
Subject Jobtracker restart results in Jetty 404
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2011 04:40:21 GMT
I did some searching on Google and am coming up blank on this particular problem.  Before I
dig into the JobTracker startup code and Jetty, does anyone know why a jobtracker would start
up fine, run jobs successfully, show no problems int he logs, but I would get a 404 error
from Jetty (RequestURI=/jobtracker.jsp) when accessing the default jobtracker UI at 50030
either remotely or locally via lynx?  It worked fine prior to the restart.

My current thought is that there is some configuration environment variable that isn't set
when I'm manually restarting just that instance vs. starting up the whole cluster with cluster
scripts.

(I'm running this on an HBase cluster w/ 0.90.0 running Cloudera's hadoop dist 0.20.2+737)

Thank you,
Ian