From Michel Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Cluster hardware question
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 15:30:53 GMT
Hi,
Actually if you have 2 4 core CPUs xeon chips... You will become i/o bound with 4 drives.
The rule of thumb tends to be 2 disks per core so you would want 16 drives per node... At
least in theory.

24 1TB drives would be interesting, but I'm not sure what sort of problems you could expect
to encounter until you had to expand the cluster...

Mike Segel