From Guang-Nan Cheng <chen...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on Streaming with RVM. Perhaps environment settings related.
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2011 04:47:35 GMT
Hi, I'm using Cloudera's distribution with the pseudo config.

I'm also using a system-wide install of RVM, which manages Ruby and Gems.

My mapper is a Ruby script like this

  #!/bin/env ruby

The problem is MapRed process seems can't load RVM. I added
/etc/profile.d/rvm.sh in hadoop-env.sh. But the script still fails due
to the same error.

I can see the job is executed as user `mapred'. So I tried to login as
`mapred' and make sure the following code works.

  ssh mapred@localhost '/bin/env ruby -v'

But I still getting the following error if running

   /bin/env: ruby: No such file or directory

Any tips for me to resolve this?