From Xiaobo Gu <guxiaobo1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is anyone running Hadoop 0.21.0 on Solaris 10 X64?
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2011 07:02:34 GMT
On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:43 AM, XiaoboGu <guxiaobo1982@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have trouble browsing the file system vi namenode web interface, namenode saying
in log file that th –G option is invalid to get the groups for the user.

> I thought this was not the case any more but hadoop forks to the 'id'
> command to figure out the groups for a user. You need to make sure the
> output is what hadoop is expecting.

Where can I change the options passed to id, and what output does hadoop expect?

I found it may be similar as
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-156, but sometimes the
"Browse the filesystem" page can't be started,
1 . where are the logs of jetty located
2. Does it related to the ip/hostname mapping resulting this,my
/etc/hosts are as following:
-bash-3.00$ more /etc/hosts
#
# Internet host table