From praveenesh kumar <praveen...@gmail.com>
Subject hadoop dfs -copyFromLocal ??
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 10:44:52 GMT
Hi,

I am learning hadoop.

Whenever we use hadoop dfs -copyFromLocal <input-file name> <output-file
name>
I assume the file is copied from linux file system to hadoop file system

However the output of the command shows us that file is somewhere stored in
/user/hadoop/*

But if we search it from linux, we can not see those files.. why so ???

Can I go to the location of the files which get copied to DFS from linux ??

Suppose I have copied some file  into DFS and now from other system, I want
to give that file as an input.. how can I give that file as input to the
program. I mean how can I remotely access to the files that are copied to
DFS and pass them as input to my programs.??

Thanks,
Praveenesh