From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Task speculation
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 20:01:33 GMT
Hey Keren,

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Keren Ouaknine <kereno@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So I am activating task speculation on my cluster, bad luck and the task
> which was duplicated falls on another straggler.
> Will it be duplicated again or does it have a special status as a
> speculative task?

I believe the failures of speculative tasks come under the normal task
failure situations, and that there isn't really a special status
assigned to these tasks. So yes, if the conditions for speculative is
acceptable in further TT heartbeats + the Task hasn't reported
completion yet, a new speculative task will be launched.

--
Harsh J