From Xiaobo Gu <guxiaobo1...@gmail.com>
Subject Does it mean that single disk failure causes the whole datanode to fail?
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:04:11 GMT
Hi,
I heard from so many people saying we should using JBOD instead of
RAID, that is we should format each local disk(used for data storage)
into an individual file system and define the mount point in
dfs.data.dir. In this kind of configuration, disk failure will cause
the coresponding file system fail, can datanode continue running with
file systems defined in dfs.data.dir not accessable? If the answer is
no, does it mean single disk failure will cause the whole data node to
fail?

Regards,

Xiaobo Gu