From 顾荣 <gurongwal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: io.sort.mb based on HDFS block size
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:35:08 GMT
Hi Shrinivas,
 I also used to think about this.However,the data in buffer are spilled into
HDFS when the can reach the threshold,not copy the entire data int to
HDFS.And also the data in HDFS may not has the same size as they are in
buffer,because
if there is a combiner that works they can be shrinked to some degree which
we are not sure.
In one word,the data's finally size are uncertain.so,the this fact to config
HDFS block size kind of meaningless.

Good Luck
Walker Gu.