From "W.P. McNeill" <bill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to change logging level for an individual job
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 18:23:24 GMT
I was running into the same problem with Log4J and Hadoop. Even Log4J's
package granularity wasn't what I wanted because I wanted to run one
instance of MyJob at INFO level and another instance of MyJob at DEBUG level
on the same cluster.

I ended up letting the caller specify the logging level via a configuration
parameter.  The setup() function then reads this parameter and does
something like the following:

      Level level = Level.toLevel(configuration.get("custom.loglevel",
"INFO"));
      logger.setLevel(level);