From Manuel Meßner <manuel.mess...@neofonie.de>
Subject Re: maven missing source + javadocs
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 14:00:09 GMT
Hello Arun,

Am 20.04.2011 05:53, schrieb Arun Ramakrishnan:
> https://repository.cloudera.com/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-core/0.20.2-cdh3u0/
>
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-core/0.20.2/
>
> at least the cloudera repo seems to have the sources if not the jars. But,
> it dosent work with my m2eclipse plugin.

Using cloudera's distribution together with m2eclipse works fine for me.
Try this: right click your project and choose: Maven -> Download Sources.

If you want to use the apache release, then you could install the
sources into your local maven repo. Therefore you should jar the
sources, download the pom.xml from the/your (local) repository and call
maven like this:

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=/path/to/JAR_CONTAINING_SOURCES.jar
-DpomFile=/path/to/pom.xml -Dpackaging=java-source -DgeneratePom=false

this will add the source jar to your local copy of hadoop in your local
maven repository. Afterwards m2eclipse will find the sources, at least
after clicking at "Maven -> Download Sources" again.

Regards,
Manuel
--
Manuel Meßner