From "Peng, Wei" <Wei.P...@xerox.com>
Subject HDFS permission denied
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2011 06:40:40 GMT
Hi,

I need a help very bad.

I got an HDFS permission error by starting to run hadoop job

org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied:

user=wp, access=WRITE, inode="":hadoop:supergroup:rwxr-xr-x

I have the right permission to read and write files to my own hadoop
user directory.

It works fine when I use hadoop fs -put. The job input and output are
all from my own hadoop user directory.

It seems that when a job starts running, some data need to be written
into some directory, and I don't have the permission to that directory.
It is strange that the inode does not show which directory it is.

Why does hadoop write something to a directory with my name secretly? Do
I need to be set a particular user group?

Many Thanks..

Vivian