From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: How to make a CGI with HBase?
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 12:37:20 GMT

I'd say skip trying to shoe horn JDBC interface on HBase, and just write straight to it.
Remember K.I.S.S.

-Mike

> Subject: Re: How to make a CGI with HBase?
> From: goksron@gmail.com
> Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:06:52 -0800
> CC: goksron@gmail.com
> To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
>
> Java servlets for web development with databases is a learning curve.  HBase is a learning
curve. You might want to learn one at a time :)  If you code the site in Java/JSPs, you want
a JDBC driver for HBase. You can code calls to HBase directly in a JSP without writing Java.

> Lance
>

> On Feb 28, 2011, at 6:19 PM, edward choi wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the reply.
> > Didn't know that Thrift was for such purpose.
> > Servlet and JSP is totally new to me. I skimmed through the concept on the internet
and they look fascinating.
> > I think I am gonna give servlet and JSP a try.
> >
> > On 2011. 3. 1., at 오전 12:51, "Usman Waheed" <usmanw@opera.com> wrote:
> >> HI,
> >>
> >> I have been using the Thrift Perl API to connect to Hbase for my web app. At
the moment i only perform random reads and scans based on date ranges and some other search
criteria.