From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Chukwa?
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:46:09 GMT
Chukwa is good for general purpose log aggregation, and it has specific knowledge of analyze
hadoop logs for monitoring/reporting hadoop performance.  Log aggregation component is a completed
system in Chukwa 0.4 for streaming logs into hadoop.  Trunk also provides a completed reference
implementation to stream log to Hbase.  Analytics and reporting framework are incomplete in
trunk.  There are a couple patches (PIG-1782, PIG-1832) in flight to make the framework more
polished to support the analytics framework.

On 3/21/11 11:24 AM, "Mark" <static.void.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

Is Chukwa primarily used for analytics or log aggregation. I thought it
was the latter but it seems more and more its like the former.