From Sreekanth Ramakrishnan <sreer...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Change Map-Red Parameters
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 04:44:59 GMT
Hi Adarsh,

Configuration class supports addition of external resources other than default Hadoop MapRed
resources. You can define your own resource file. For instance like mapred-site.xml you can
have myjobs-site.xml. You can define your job specific parameters in the same.

In general mapred-site.xml contains common set of configurations which a job client uses to
submit the given job. Changing it dynamically can potentially cause debugging pains later.
So an ideal way would be defining new configuration file, adding the same to classpath and
programmatically setting the same as resource while creating your job configuration. You can
periodically make changes to the newly defined resource. So if you want to override some mapred
specific parameters in the same, just see to that you load the newly created resources after
mapred resource files are loaded.

HTH
Sreekanth