From sandeep <sande...@huawei.com>
Subject Help required regarding HDFS-1228 [0.20-append branch]
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 07:13:27 GMT
Hi All,

CRC Comparison is failing when I am trying to Append Partial chunks[<512
bytes]

Problem:

======

While appending a file  ,if I try to call sync and close  in sequence it is
throwing exception for  Partial chunks [which are <512 bytes ..Reason I
found is  due to improper handling of checksum-resetting   for partial
chunks ]

The similar issue I have found in open source i.e HDFS-1228 but it is still
open ..and this defect says that similar issue has been

fixed in 0.21 branch i.e  HDFS-679 but  In this I think many changes are
involved .

kindly  let me know whether  HDFS-679 is applicable for the same context
/not

Thanks

sandeep

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is